Thursday, May 7, 2009

First Day in Mauritius...

In a 45 minutes drive from Airport we reached to the guest house in “Qutre Bornes”, where the owner Mr. Vodamuttu welcomed us. During this welcome session he told us a little about life style in Mauritius and also about the high cost of living here. I felt he was trying to justify that because of cost of living his guest house is expensive … Any ways it was Monday and I had to report to the office for sure so I asked the Taxi to come back after 2 hours so that I can get ready and report to the office. By lunch time I was in office and met “Gouri”, she was the one who arranged for the taxi and guest house. She was an Indian married to a Mauritian man. After some time “Jack” also came back from lunch. He was the one whom I was supposed to take charge from. After a normal introduction and little chat we started our work and finally at the end of the day I met “Jimut –the DC head”… I returned back to the guest house by 5:30pm and came out with wife just to have a walk there. We were a little surprised when we found almost ever thing was closed by 6:30pm… it was the same as we heard about Mauritius. We were not used to of this environment at all, so felt a bit odd… Any ways we were too tired of the journey so had an early dinner and slept.
I would like to say that the food at the guest house was really good… The wife of the owner used to cook herself. I never expected to have such a food good on the first day itself. The day went like this and I was looking for coming days …

1 comment: